Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
About this Exam
Exam 70-228 became available in January 2001. This exam is scheduled to retire in March 2009.
Candidates for this exam operate in medium to very large computing environments that use Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition. Candidates have at least one year of experience administering SQL Server. They also have at least one year of experience implementing relational databases in environments that contain:
• Heterogeneous databases.
• SQL Server security integrated with Windows Authentication.
• Client/server configurations of 50 to 5,000 or more users.
• Web configurations that use Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) or COM+.
• Databases as large as two terabytes.
• Multiple installations of SQL Server 2000.
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):
When you pass Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, you achieve Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) status.
Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
You also earn credit toward the following certifications:
Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Database Administrator on Microsoft SQL Server 2000 certification
Elective credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Microsoft Windows 2000 certification
Elective credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 certification
Elective credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Microsoft Windows 2000 certification
Database professionals who use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 should consider the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credentials. They provide IT professionals with a simpler and more targeted framework to display their technical and on-the-job skills.
Learn about Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification
Learn about Microsoft Certified IT Professional certification
Skills Being Measured
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2000
* Install SQL Server 2000. Considerations include clustering, default collation, file locations, number of instances, and service accounts.
Upgrade to SQL Server 2000.
o Perform a custom upgrade.
o Upgrade to SQL Server 2000 from SQL Server 6.5.
o Upgrade to SQL Server 2000 from SQL Server 7.0.
* Create a linked server.
* Configure SQL Mail and SQLAgentMail.
* Configure network libraries.
* Troubleshoot failed installations.
Creating SQL Server 2000 Databases
* Configure database options for performance. Considerations include capacity, network connectivity, physical drive configurations, and storage locations.
* Attach and detach databases.
Create and alter databases.
o Add filegroups.
o Configure filegroup usage.
o Expand and shrink a database.
o Set database options by using the ALTER DATABASE or CREATE DATABASE statements.
o Size and place the transaction log.
* Create and manage objects. Objects include constraints, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, and views.
Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2000 Databases
* Optimize database performance. Considerations include indexing, locking, and recompiling.
Optimize data storage.
o Optimize files and filegroups.
o Manage database fragmentation.
* Modify the database schema.
Perform disaster recovery operations.
o Perform backups.
o Recover the system state and restore data.
o Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot log shipping.
* Perform integrity checks. Methods include configuring the Database Maintenance Plan Wizard and using the Database Consistency Checker (DBCC).
* Troubleshoot transactions and locking by using SQL Profiler, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, or Transact-SQL.
Extracting and Transforming Data with SQL Server 2000
Set up IIS virtual directories to support XML.
* Import and export data. Methods include the Bulk Insert task, the bulk copy program, Data Transformation Services (DTS), and heterogeneous queries.
* Develop and manage DTS packages.
Manage linked servers.
o Manage OLE DB Providers.
o Configure security mapping.
* Convert data types.
* Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot replication services.
Managing and Monitoring SQL Server 2000 Security
Configure mixed security modes or Windows Authentication. Considerations include client connectivity, client operating system, and security infrastructure.
* Create and manage log ons.
* Create and manage database users.
Create and manage security roles. Roles include application, database, and server.
o Add and remove users from roles.
o Create roles to manage database security.
* Enforce and manage security by using stored procedures, triggers, views, and user-defined functions.
* Set permissions in a database. Considerations include object permissions, object ownership, and statement permissions.
* Manage security auditing. Methods include SQL Profiler and C2 auditing.
Managing, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting SQL Server 2000
* Create, manage, and troubleshoot SQL Server Agent jobs.
* Configure alerts and operators by using SQL Server Agent.
Optimize hardware resource usage. Resources include CPU, disk I/O, and memory.
o Monitor hardware resource usage by using System Monitor.
o Resolve system bottlenecks by using System Monitor.
Optimize and troubleshoot SQL Server system activity. Activities include cache hits, connections, locks, memory allocation, recompilation, and transactional throughput.
o Monitor SQL Server system activity by using traces.
o Monitor SQL Server system activity by using System Monitor.
Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Microsoft MCSE 70-228 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 70-228 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 70-228 PDF or complete 70-228 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 70-228 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 70-228 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 70-228 Exam Prepration Tools
Certkingdom Microsoft MCSE preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Microsoft MCSE online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Microsoft MCSE exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
70-228 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 70-228 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 70-228 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Microsoft MCSE prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Microsoft MCSE practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
70-228 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Microsoft MCSE 70-228 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 70-228 online tests. Using MCSE 70-228 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
70-228 Exam Study Guides
All Microsoft MCSE online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the Microsoft MCSE training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Microsoft MCSE 70-228 tutorial and are great introductions to new Microsoft MCSE training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 70-228 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 70-228 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
70-228 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Microsoft MCSE 70-228 training. However you decide to learn 70-228 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom Microsoft MCSE products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
70-228 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Microsoft MCSEnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 70-228 will have you dancing the Microsoft MCSE jig before you know it
* MCSE 70-228 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get MCSE ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 70-228 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your MCSE exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's MCSE excellent preparation tools and tutorials.