Developing with IBM Enterprise PL/I
* IBM Certified Application Developer - Developing with IBM Enterprise PL/I
This training will cover
Section 1 - Advanced Language / Environment Topics (30%)
1. Declare and initialize an aggregate correctly (e.g., array of structures or structure of arrays)
2. Write code that uses advanced builtin functions. Representative examples:
1. Arithmetic functions (MAX, MIN, MOD)
2. Array-handling functions (ANY, DIMENSION, LBOUND, HBOUND)
3. Buffer-management functions (COMPARE, MEMSEARCH, XMLCHAR)
4. Condition-handling functions (ONCHAR, ONCODE, ONKEY, ONWCHAR, ONWSOURCE)
5. Date/Time functions (DATE, DATETIME, VALIDDATE)
6. Input/Output functions (COUNT, ENDFILE, FILEOPEN, SAMEKEY)
7. Miscellaneous functions (HEX, PLIRETV, STRING, SOURCEFILE, VALID)
8. Precision-handling functions (BINARY, DECIMAL, UNSIGNED)
9. Psedovariables (ONSOURCE, STRING, SUBSTR)
10. Storage control functions (ADDR, CHECKSTG, POINTER, POINTERDIFF, POINTERVALUE)
11. String-handling functions (BIT, LENGTH, SUBSTR, TRANSLATE, VERIFY, WIDECHAR)
12. Subroutines (PLICANC, PLICKPT, PLIDUMP, PLIFILL, PLIMOVE, PLIOVER, PLIREST)
3. Evaluate PL/I statements that contain data conversions to determine proper use of direct assignment and GET/PUT STRING statements
4. Determine whether programs that incorporate complex flow control work as specified
5. Recognize whether CONTROLLED/BASED variables are being handled correctly in a program
6. Determine the lifespan and scope of the variable (e.g., in functions, user controlled, ALLOCATE/FREE)
7. Describe the difference between usage of heap and stack
8. Describe how implementing recursion in a program impacts it
9. Describe the use of dummy variables
10. Determine whether appropriate condition checking has been applied in a program
11. Interpret the output of the linkage editor (e.g. unresolved external references)
12. Identify some subsystem dependent specifics (e.g., reentrancy, PCB pointer, CICS-LINK)
13. Describe the usage of preprocessor macros
14. Maintain programs that use AREA and OFFSET
15. Maintain programs that are implemented using list processing
Section 2 - Data Access (10%)
1. Describe the correct use of file system access (e.g., sequential file, indexed sequential file, fixed vs. variable record formats, KEY, KEYTO and KEYFROM)
2. Describe the basic characteristics of the relational/hierarchical data model
3. Describe the use of the LUW (logical unit of work)
4. Determine logic for commit and rollback
5. Determine strategies for avoiding deadlocks and timeouts (e.g., mutual exclusion, hold and wait, no preemption, cycle dependencies)
Section 3 - Technical Leadership (13%)
1. Mediate design and code review meetings
2. Provide feedback to programmers when code is incorrect / inefficient
3. Communicate appropriate technical details to stakeholders (e.g. project manager, line manager, requirements engineers, architects)
4. Apply appropriate review technique for a given source code review (e.g., walkthrough, formal review, code coverage, utilization of coding standards)
5. Determine optimum resource allocation to meet project objectives
6. Determine whether the program has good documentation (i.e., inside the program and about the program)
7. Maintain the balance among quality, functionality, costs and deadlines
Section 4 - Application Design (13%)
1. Given a business case, design a new application that meets the requirements using appropriate design and development models
2. Reengineer an application to leverage advances in PL/I technology
3. Restructure an application to increase maintainability
4. Describe how to fulfill non-functional requirements (e.g., maintainability, stability, security) in an application
5. Translate given business logic into the appropriate technical design (e.g., use cases)
6. Practice defensive programming (e.g., risk analysis) to ensure stability of the program
7. Describe commonly known and used principles and techniques of software engineering
8. Describe typical program logic for Batch vs online application programs
Section 5 - Performance and Optimization (14%)
1. Analyze performance and resource utilization
2. Rewrite code to remove bottlenecks
3. Analyze a program to determine whether parallelization can be applied
4. Describe the impact of multithreading (e.g., risk of race conditions, deadlocks)
5. Identify techniques that require too much time or memory to execute
6. Create a structure and an array of structures with proper alignment and describe the implications of padding
7. Describe the usage of performance analyzer tools
8. Identify compiler and run-time options with relevance for performance and optimization
Section 6 - Interface (Other Languages or Programs on the Same or Different Platforms) (9%)
1. Recognize issues associated with PL/I inter-language communication
2. Describe the difference between little endian and big endian
3. Understand the differences between character representations (e.g., UTF-16, ASCII, EBCDIC)
4. Describe the trade-offs between different interface designs (e.g., number of arguments vs. structures vs. use of pointers)
5. Describe the proper usage of synchronous and asynchronous interfaces (e.g., asynchronous via messaging)
Section 7 - Problem Determination (11%)
1. Analyze dumps excluding system dumps (e.g., find last executed statement, identify contents of variables)
2. Read code and describe the intended result
3. Describe ways to make debugging easier (e.g., use of eyecatchers)
4. Test the application to determine whether it meets the specifications
5. Describe advantages and disadvantages of using debuggers (including environment considerations - e.g. online vs. batch, test vs. production)
6. Describe different debugging techniques (e.g., application traces, debugging options - SUBSCRIPTRANGE)
7. Identify compiler messages and compiler options which provide information about code quality
Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your IBM IBM Certifications 000-042 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 000-042 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 000-042 PDF or complete 000-042 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 000-042 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 000-042 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 000-042 Exam Prepration Tools
Certkingdom IBM IBM Certifications preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each IBM IBM Certifications online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each IBM IBM Certifications exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
000-042 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 000-042 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 000-042 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate IBM IBM Certifications prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a IBM IBM Certifications practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
000-042 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your IBM IBM Certifications 000-042 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 000-042 online tests. Using IBM Certifications 000-042 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
000-042 Exam Study Guides
All IBM IBM Certifications online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the IBM IBM Certifications training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed IBM IBM Certifications 000-042 tutorial and are great introductions to new IBM IBM Certifications training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 000-042 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 000-042 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
000-042 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest IBM IBM Certifications 000-042 training. However you decide to learn 000-042 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom IBM IBM Certifications products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
000-042 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real IBM IBM Certificationsnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 000-042 will have you dancing the IBM IBM Certifications jig before you know it
* IBM Certifications 000-042 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get IBM Certifications ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 000-042 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your IBM Certifications exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's IBM Certifications excellent preparation tools and tutorials.