Programming with IBM Enterprise PL/I
* IBM Certified Application Developer - Programming with IBM Enterprise PL/I
This training will cover
Section 1 - Block and Program Structure (12%)
1. Identify the difference between procedures and functions (including parameter/argument list, secondary entry, call BYVALUE, call BYREFERENCE, prototype entry declaration, recursive call)
2. Write code that properly implements procedures and functions
3. Write code that properly implements BEGIN blocks and DO groups
4. Identify the scope of variables in a block/program
5. Identify proper and improper use of function hierarchy and nesting
Section 2 - Language Fundamentals (25%)
1. Identify valid and invalid assignments
2. Evaluate assignments for operator of various types
3. Describe the proper usage of the basic numeric types (e.g. FIXED, FLOAT, DECIMAL, BINARY, PIC)
4. Describe the proper usage of the basic string types (e.g. BIT, CHAR, WIDECHAR)
5. Perform arithmetic between variables of different types
6. Write code that correctly implements builtin functions and pseudo-variables. Representative examples:
1. Arithmetic functions (MAX, MIN, MOD)
2. Array-handling functions (DIMENSION, LBOUND, HBOUND)
3. Buffer-management functions (COMPARE, XMLCHAR)
4. Condition-handling functions (ONCHAR, ONCODE, ONWCHAR)
5. Input/Output functions (COUNT, ENDFILE, FILEOPEN)
6. Miscellaneous functions (HEX, PLIRETV, STRING)
7. Precision-handling functions (BINARY, DECIMAL, UNSIGNED)
8. Psedovariables (ONSOURCE, STRING, SUBSTR)
9. Storage control functions (ADDR, NULL, SYSNULL)
10. String-handling functions (BIT, CHAR, SUBSTR, TRANSLATE, WIDECHAR)
7. Identify the proper specification of character and bit constants, both with and without hex
8. Identify the proper specification of numeric constants including use of underscores
Section 3 - Declarations and Variable Scoping (12%)
1. Declare variables of various types and assign values
2. Describe efficient initialization of special types (e.g. BIT, PICTURE)
3. Evaluate the handling of aggregates (arrays, structures, unions, cell)
Section 4 - Flow Control and Exception / Condition Handling (15%)
1. Write code using all forms of loop constructs (e.g. labeled, unlabeled, nested, loop control)
2. State the values taken by loop counter variables during and after loop execution and number of iterations
3. Identify forms of loops that are implemented incorrectly (e.g. incorrect bounds, infinite loop)
4. Write code using IF and SELECT statements
5. Describe the use of ON UNIT and REVERT for proper exception/condition handling (e.g. ONCODE, ONSIZE)
6. Identify proper use of checkout conditions
7. Identify implications of using the SIGNAL statement
Section 5 - Pointers, Offsets, Controlled Variables and Areas (12%)
1. Write code that uses pointers to properly access program memory
2. Use CONTROLLED variables correctly
3. Identify proper usage of storage control (e.g. AUTO, STATIC, CONTROLLED, BASED, DEFINED, PARAMETER)
Section 6 - Compiling and Linking PL/I Programs (12%)
1. Differentiate between static and dynamic linkage conventions
2. Describe what happens when FETCH and RELEASE statements are used
3. Identify implications of using the different calling conventions (including BYVALUE vs. BYADDR)
4. Validate execution of programs with preprocessor statements
5. Analyze compiler messages to identify errors
Section 7 - Data Access (12%)
1. Write code that implements GET and PUT to move data from SYSIN and to SYSPRINT
2. Recognize syntax for basic I/O handling for files (e.g. READ INTO, READ SET, WRITE, LOCATE)
3. Recognize proper ENDFILE handling
4. Recognize the separation between logical filename and physical dataset
5. Identify issues associated with mismatched record lengths between logical and physical definition
Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your IBM IBM Certifications 000-041 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 000-041 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 000-041 PDF or complete 000-041 testing engine as well as over +4000 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 000-041 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 000-041 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 000-041 Exam Preparation Tools
Certkingdom IBM IBM Certifications preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each IBM IBM Certifications online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each IBM IBM Certifications exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
000-041 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 000-041 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 000-041 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate IBM IBM Certifications prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a IBM IBM Certifications practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
000-041 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your IBM IBM Certifications 000-041 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 000-041 online tests. Using IBM Certifications 000-041 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
000-041 Exam Study Guides
All IBM IBM Certifications online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the IBM IBM Certifications training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed IBM IBM Certifications 000-041 tutorial and are great introductions to new IBM IBM Certifications training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 000-041 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 000-041 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
000-041 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest IBM IBM Certifications 000-041 training. However you decide to learn 000-041 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom IBM IBM Certifications products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
000-041 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real IBM IBM Certificationsnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 000-041 will have you dancing the IBM IBM Certifications jig before you know it
* IBM Certifications 000-041 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get IBM Certifications ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 000-041 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your IBM Certifications exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's IBM Certifications excellent preparation tools and tutorials.