||Upgrade: Transition Your MCITP SQL Server 2005 DBA to MCITP SQL Server 2008
|No. of Questions
||Q & A with Explanations
|Question & Answers
$50 - Unlimited life time access Immediate access to this & 3000+ more exam training tools included in this package
70-453 Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
Upgrade: Transition Your MCITP SQL Server 2005 DBA to MCITP SQL Server 2008
About this Exam
This is an upgrade exam that is designed to assess candidates’ knowledge of installing, configuring and maintaining a SQL Server 2008 system.
Candidates should have one to two years of experience using SQL Server 2008 or two to three years of experience using a previous version of SQL Server. Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who work in jobs in which database administration is their main area of responsibility, or they work in environments in which databases are central to their primary job roles.
These job roles include the following:
IT generalists who work in environments in which SQL Server 2008 is part of an overall solution
IT professionals who manage systems that run SQL Server 2008
Developers who build applications that use SQL Server 2008
IT professionals who work with third-party applications that are built on SQL Server 2008
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass Exam 70-453: Upgrade: Transition Your MCITP SQL Server 2005 DBA to MCITP SQL Server 2008, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s): MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator
This Training will cover
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2008
* Install SQL Server 2008 and related services.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: file locations; default paths; service accounts
* Configure SQL Server instances.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: sp_configure
* Configure SQL Server services.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: configuration manager; SQL browser
Maintaining SQL Server Instances
* Manage SQL Server Agent jobs.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: create and schedule jobs; notification of job execution; disable/enable jobs; change job step order; logging
* Implement the declarative management framework (DMF).
* This objective may include but is not limited to: create a policy; verify a policy; schedule a policy compliance check; enforce a policy; create a condition
* Back up a SQL Server environment.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: operating system-level concepts
Managing SQL Server Security
* Manage users and database roles.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: user mapping; user-defined roles; fixed roles; guest, public, dbo; creating and deleting user roles
* Manage SQL Server instance permissions.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: logon triggers; permissions vs. fixed role membership; cross-database ownership chaining; impersonation
* Manage schema permissions and object permissions.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: manage schema ownership
Audit SQL Server instances. This objective may include but is not limited to: use DDL triggers and logon triggers; C2; common criteria; login failures; event notifications
Maintaining a SQL Server Database
* Back up databases.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: full backups; differential backups; transaction log; compressed backups; file and filegroup backups; verifying backup
* Restore databases.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: online restores; full restores; differential restores; transaction log; file and filegroup restores; verifying restore; tail of the transaction log
* Manage and configure databases.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: files, file groups, and related options; database options; recovery model; attach/detach data
Performing Data Management Tasks
Manage data partitions. This objective may include but is not limited to: switching data from one partition to another; add a filegroup; alter a partition function; alter a partition scheme
Maintain indexes. This objective may include but is not limited to: create spatial indexes; create partitioned indexes; clustered and non-clustered indexes; XML indexes; disable and enable indexes; filtered index on sparse columns; indexes with included columns; rebuilding/reorganizing indexes; online/offline
Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server
* Identify SQL Server service problems.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: DB Engine service; SQL Agent service; SQL Browser service
* Identify concurrency problems.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: blocks, locks, deadlocks, activity monitor; relevant Dynamic Management Views
Optimizing SQL Server Performance
Collect trace data by using SQL Server Profiler
Collect performance data by using Dynamic Management Views (DMVs)
Use Performance Studio
Implementing High Availability
* Implement database mirroring.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: monitoring, configuring, failover
* Implement a SQL Server clustered instance.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: monitoring, configuring, failover
Designing a SQL Server Instance and a Database Solution
* Design for CPU, memory, and storage capacity requirements.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: RAID, calculating table size, IO throughput, transaction per second, data compression, non-uniform memory access (NUMA), tempdb capacity
* Design physical database and object placement.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: heap and index placement, filestream, data and log files, filegroups, partition placement, large object placement, full text catalog
Designing a Database Server Security Solution
* Design database, schema, and object security paramaters.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: users, roles, certificate and key management, Service broker, Common Language Runtime (CLR), ownership chains
* Design a security policy and an audit plan.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Policy-Based Management Framework, security functions, sp_helprotect, catalog views, extended events, notifications
Designing a Database Solution for High Availability
* Select high-availability technologies based on business requirements.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: failover clustering, database mirroring, log shipping, replication
* Design a failover clustering solution.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: cluster resource group, cluster setup considerations, number of nodes, service accounts
* Design database mirroring.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: whether to use a witness server, Windows Server considerations, suspend vs. stop, automatic or manual failover, automatic page repair, database snapshots for reporting, managing instance-level objects
Designing a Backup and Recovery Solution
* Design a backup strategy.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: recovery model, compression, choosing backup types, scheduling, backup media, file and filegroups backup, verifying backups, key management, mirrored backups, cluster considerations
* Design a recovery strategy.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: page, file, filegroup, partial and online restores, orphan users, instance rebuild, encryption considerations, handling media failures, transaction logs, point in time and mark recovery, filestreams
* Design a recovery test plan.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: log shipping, replication, hardware considerations, scheduling a database restore test, handling high availability failures
Designing a Monitoring Strategy
* Design a monitoring solution at the instance level. This objective may include but is not limited to: instance, database and object monitoring, data collection, event notifications, dynamic management objects, analyze results
* Note: data collection was called performance data warehouse in SQL Server 2005.
* Design a solution to monitor performance and concurrency.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Dedicated Administrator Connection (DAC), locking, blocking, deadlocks, dynamic management objects, index utilization, tracing, analyze
Designing a Strategy to Maintain and Manage Databases
* Design a maintenance strategy for database servers.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: rebuild for page-level compression, index and heap maintenance, partition management, statistics
* Design a management automation strategy.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: SQL Server PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), SQL Server Agent, event notifications, DDL triggers
Designing a Strategy for Data Distribution
* Administer SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: design security for accessing packages, troubleshoot and restart package, schedule package execution, deploy packages to same or different instances
* Design a replication strategy for data distribution.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: selecting replication types, conflict resolution, health monitoring, horizontal and vertical partitioning
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Microsoft MCITP 70-453 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 70-453 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 70-453 PDF or complete 70-453 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 70-453 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 70-453 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 70-453 Exam Prepration Tools
Certkingdom Microsoft MCITP preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Microsoft MCITP online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Microsoft MCITP exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
70-453 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 70-453 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 70-453 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Microsoft MCITP prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Microsoft MCITP practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
70-453 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Microsoft MCITP 70-453 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 70-453 online tests. Using MCITP 70-453 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
70-453 Exam Study Guides
All Microsoft MCITP online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the Microsoft MCITP training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Microsoft MCITP 70-453 tutorial and are great introductions to new Microsoft MCITP training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 70-453 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 70-453 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
70-453 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Microsoft MCITP 70-453 training. However you decide to learn 70-453 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom Microsoft MCITP products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
70-453 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Microsoft MCITPnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 70-453 will have you dancing the Microsoft MCITP jig before you know it
* MCITP 70-453 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get MCITP ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 70-453 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your MCITP exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's MCITP excellent preparation tools and tutorials.
||This is what our customers are saying about CertKingdom.com.
These are real testimonials.
Hi friends! CertKingdom.com is No1 in sites coz in 50$ I cant believe this but when I purchased the 50$ package it was amazing I Microsoft passed 10 Exams using CertKingdom guides in one Month So many thanks to CertKingdom Team , Please continue this offer for next year also. So many Thanks
Thank You! I would just like to thank CertKingdom.com for the Microsoft MCITP 70-453 test guide that I bought a couple months ago and I took my test and pass overwhelmingly. I completed the test of 50 questions in about 90 minutes I must say that their Q & A with Explanation are very amazing and easy to learn.
After my co-workers found out what I used to pass Microsoft MCITP 70-453 the test, that many are thinking about purchasing CertKingdom.com for their MCITP exams, I know I will again
I passed the Microsoft MCITP 70-453 exam yesterday, and now it's on to security exam. Couldn't have done it with out you. Thanks very much.
I Just Passed The Microsoft MCITP 70-453 Took 80 to 90 Minutes max to understand and easy to learn. Thanks For Everything Now On To 70-453
Hi CertKingdom.com thanks so much for your assistance in Microsoft MCITP i passed today it was a breeze and i couldn't have done it without you. Thanks again
I have used your Exam Study Guides for preparation for Microsoft MCITP 70-453. I also passed all those on the first round. I'm currently preparing for the Microsoft and theMCITP. exams
I just wanted to thank you for helping me get myMCITP 99$ package for all guides is awesome you made the journey a lot easier. I passed every test the first time using your
I take this opportunity to express my appreciation to the authors of CertKingdom.com Microsoft MCITP test guide. I purchased the 70-453 soon after my formal hands on training and honestly, my success in the test came out of nowhere but CertKingdom.com. Once again I say thanks
Dear CertKingdom.com team the test no. 70-453 that i took was very good, I received 880 and could have gain more just by learning your exams
Hi and Thanks I have just passed the MCITP Directory Services Design exam with a score of 928 thanks to you! The guide was excellent
Great stuff so far....I love this site....!! I am also on the Microsoft MCITP I decided to start from certkingdom and start learning study MCITP from home... It has been really difficult but so far I have managed to get through 4 exams....., now currently studying for the more exams.... Have a good day.................................................. Cheers
Thanks for your Help, But I have finally downloaded Microsoft MCITP 70-453 exam preparation from certkingdom.com they are provided me complete information about the exam, lets hope I get success for the 70-453 exam, I found there exams very very realistic and useful. thanks again