70-450 Make The Best Choice Chose - Certkingdom
PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
About this Exam
This exam is targeted at the professional level SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator. It tests your ability to make appropriate design and technology choice considerations for your SQL Server 2008 installations.
Candidates for this exam work in an environment in which Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is used for database solutions. Candidates should have at least three years of experience administering databases in an enterprise-level organization and designing, deploying, optimizing, maintaining, and supporting database service life cycle. Candidates should also have experience with the following:
* Defining high-availability solutions
* Data distribution
* Automating administrative tasks (for example, checking db stats, backups)
* Maintaining administrative tasks (for example, determining index rebuild time, file groups for backup)
* Defining security solutions
* Monitoring and troubleshooting the database server
* Performance optimization (for example, physical tuning, including hardware, operating system, instance-level tuning), PerfMon
* Designing and executing deployments
* Deployments and migration
* Defining the infrastructure (for example, storage, hardware, and number of servers or instances)
Credit Toward Certification
Exam 70-450: PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator 2008
This Training Will Cover
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Designing a SQL Server Instance and a Database Solution (14 percent)
* Design for CPU, memory, and storage capacity requirements.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: RAID, calculating table size, IO throughput, transaction per second, data compression, non-uniform memory access (NUMA), tempdb capacity
Design SQL Server instances.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: instance configuration, surface area configuration, CPU affinity, memory allocation, max degree of parallelism (MAXDOP), collation
* Design physical database and object placement.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: heap and index placement, filestream, data and log files, filegroups, partition placement, large object placement, full text catalog
Design a migration, consolidation, and upgrade strategy.
* This objective may include but is not limited to: multi-instance considerations, SQL Server version upgrade, instance and database collation, server-level and instance-level objects, service pack application
Designing a Database Server Security Solution (15 percent)
Design instance authentication
* This objective may include but is not limited to: choosing authentication type, logon triggers, regulatory requirements
Design instance-level security configurations
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Windowsservice accounts, filestream, proxy, credentials, instance-level permissions, certificate and key management, endpoint security, using SSL certificates, TCP ports
Design database, schema, and object security paramaters
* This objective may include but is not limited to: users, roles, certificate and key management, Service broker, Common Language Runtime (CLR), ownership chains
Design a security policy and an audit plan
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Policy-Based Management Framework, security functions, sp_helprotect, catalog views, extended events, notifications
Design an encryption strategy
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Transparent Data Encryption, encrypting protected data, certificate and key management, filestream
Designing a Database Solution for High Availability (15 percent)
Design a failover clustering solution
* This objective may include but is not limited to: cluster resource group, cluster setup considerations, number of nodes, service accounts
Design database mirroring
* This objective may include but is not limited to: whether to use a witness server, Windows Server considerations, suspend vs. stop, automatic or manual failover, automatic page repair, database snapshots for reporting, managing instance-level objects
Design a high-availability solution that is based on replication
* This objective may include but is not limited to: different replication types, topologies, recover from replication failure, synchronization, health monitoring
Design a high-availability solution that is based on log shipping
* This objective may include but is not limited to: manage instance-level objects, changing roles, reporting secondary instance for reporting, monitor server, reinitializing, consistency check on secondary instance
Select high-availability technologies based on business requirements
* This objective may include but is not limited to: failover clustering, database mirroring, log shipping, replication
Designing a Backup and Recovery Solution (20 percent)
Design a backup strategy
* This objective may include but is not limited to: recovery model, compression, choosing backup types, scheduling, backup media, file and filegroups backup, verifying backups, key management, mirrored backups, cluster considerations
Design a recovery strategy
* This objective may include but is not limited to: page, file, filegroup, partial and online restores, orphan users, instance rebuild, encryption considerations, handling media failures, transaction logs, point in time and mark recovery, filestreams
Design a recovery test plan
* This objective may include but is not limited to: log shipping, replication, hardware considerations, scheduling a database restore test, handling high availability failures
Designing a Monitoring Strategy (13 percent)
Design a monitoring solution at the operating system level
* This objective may include but is not limited to: system monitor counters, event logs, dynamic management views and functions, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), remote monitoring, analyze results
Design a monitoring solution at the instance level
* This objective may include but is not limited to: instance, database and object monitoring, data collection, event notifications, dynamic management objects, analyze results
Design a solution to monitor performance and concurrency
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Dedicated Administrator Connection (DAC), locking, blocking, deadlocks, dynamic management objects, index utilization, tracing, analyze
Designing a Strategy to Maintain and Manage Databases (14 percent)
Design a maintenance strategy for database servers
* This objective may include but is not limited to: rebuild for page-level compression, index and heap maintenance, partition management, statistics
Design a solution to govern resources
* This objective may include but is not limited to: Resource Governor (CPU, memory, number of requests per second; resource pools, resource groups), query governor
Design policies by using Policy-Based Management
* This objective may include but is not limited to: designing policies and conditions
Design a data compression strategy
* This objective may include but is not limited to: row vs. page level, update frequency, compression ratio, compressing partitions, specific indexes
Design a management automation strategy
* This objective may include but is not limited to: SQL Server PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), SQL Server Agent, event notifications, DDL triggers
Designing a Strategy for Data Distribution (9 percent)
Administer SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
* This objective may include but is not limited to: design security for accessing packages, troubleshoot and restart package, schedule package execution, deploy packages to same or different instances
Design a strategy to use linked servers
* This objective may include but is not limited to: security, providers, distributed transactions
Design a replication strategy for data distribution
* This objective may include but is not limited to: selecting replication types, conflict resolution, health monitoring, horizontal and vertical partitioning
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Certkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Microsoft MCITP 70-450 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Unlimited Access Package
will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 70-450 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 70-450 PDF or complete 70-450 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 70-450 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 70-450 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Certkingdom 70-450 Exam Prepration Tools
Certkingdom Microsoft MCITP preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Microsoft MCITP online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Microsoft MCITP exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
70-450 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 70-450 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 70-450 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Microsoft MCITP prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Microsoft MCITP practice test anywhere other than Certkingdom.
70-450 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Microsoft MCITP 70-450 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 70-450 online tests. Using MCITP 70-450 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
70-450 Exam Study Guides
All Microsoft MCITP online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the Microsoft MCITP training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Microsoft MCITP 70-450 tutorial and are great introductions to new Microsoft MCITP training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 70-450 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 70-450 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
70-450 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Microsoft MCITP 70-450 training. However you decide to learn 70-450 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Certkingdom Microsoft MCITP products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
70-450 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Microsoft MCITPnotes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Certkingdom unique CBT 70-450 will have you dancing the Microsoft MCITP jig before you know it
* MCITP 70-450 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get MCITP ebooks from Certkingdom which contain real 70-450 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your MCITP exam on the first attempt using only Certkingdom's MCITP excellent preparation tools and tutorials.